Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Mr. E suggested I bronze them but even I'm not that crazy.

The other day I got a new pair of running shoes. My main pair became my "around town" shoes and my old old around town pair could be thrown out. But those old shoes were my first pair of running shoes, and I had the hardest time letting them go. They had dog poop in the bottom that wouldn't come out no matter what I did and chunks of the soles were missing, but these were the shoes that started it all. The shoes that sat in my closet for a year until one day they just dared me to run and I finally did it. They were there for that first step when I didn't think I could do it but I did it anyway. That day was a long time ago but these shoes have taken me so far and that's hard to just throw out. But we're moving soon and I can't keep extra crap and besides they did kind of smell like dog poo. So I threw them out in the end. But I took a picture first. And I won't lie, something about this picture makes me feel really really proud.

No comments: