Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Elizabeth's Giant Salad Cheat Sheet

I just had a conversation with someone (hi Sarah!) about how boring salads can get. I probably don't eat as much salad as I should, but I keep this list posted in my kitchen and I try to keep as much of it on hand as I can, so I can just throw salads together without too much thought. I'm sure there's stuff I've forgotten so if anyone has stuff I should add let me know!

GREENS
Romaine
Spinach
Spring Mix
Napa Cabbage
Etc

VEGGIES/FRUIT
Bell Peppers
Oranges
Mandarin Oranges (canned)
Craisins
raisins
Red Peppers
Artichoke hearts
Carrot shreds
Apples
Snow Peas
Pears
Mangos
Pineapple bits
Jicama
Celery
Tomatoes
Sprouts
Mushrooms
Cucumbers
Tomatoes
Roasted red peppers
Cold frozen thawed peas
Canned corn
Strawberries
Red onions
Avocado
Broccoli
Olives

PROTEIN
Sunflower seeds
Turkey, sliced
Ham, sliced
Walnuts, plain or candied
Almond slices
Tuna
Chicken salad
Parmesan cheese shavings
Cheddar cheese bits
Asiago cheese
Mozzarella cheese
Beans of any kind
Grilled chicken
Feta
Shrimp

No comments: