Monday, February 28, 2005

I married an axe murderer. Well, not really, but I might as well have. Geez.

Last night because I am a nerd who takes a really long time to get ready for work in the morning, I was picking out my outfit for the next day and forcing Mr. E to give me opinions and he dropped the bomb that he's never really liked twin sets that much.

Yes, you read that correctly. The man does not like twin sets.

What is this heresy!? How can I be married to this person? I know, I am as horrified as you. Although at first, I was too stunned even to speak. Well, not really, as that has never happened to me, but you know what I mean. I felt as though the very foundations of my world had been shaken! As if this person who said they would love and honor me forever blah blah blah was in fact a total stranger to me! It was horrifying! I don't know that our relationship can ever fully recover. I told him that where I come from that not liking twin sets was like not liking baseball and apple pie and he might as well say that he hates his MOM and he should just go back to RUSSIA with the other Communists. There is now a gulf between us the likes of which has never been there before, even that time I kissed my brother's friend in the bathroom on New Year's accidentally.

Needless to say, today I am wearing a twin set.

No comments: