Friday, August 31, 2007

Jesus Drive By

The other day Mr. E was sitting on a bench with Eli waiting for me to finish running and a woman and her kids sat down next to them…started making conversation. She asked Eli’s name and Mr. E told her and she said “Oh, straight out of the Bible. Does Eli love Jesus?”

OH MY GOD HOW IS THAT AN APPROPRIATE QUESTION?

Mr. E just changed the subject, he is an excellent diffuser. I told him next time (and you know there will be a next time) someone asks if Eli loves Jesus we should just say, very sadly, “Oh, no, he’s lactose intolerant” and walk away.

7 comments:

Chris H said...

*SNIGGER* very well said..... stooooopid woman!!!!

bazu said...

that's actually my biggest fear- if I ever have kids - that they'll get jesusyfied by strangers... I'll keep your comeback in mind, though!

Rima said...

Yikes! Very not cool.

ee said...

I would just like to note, for the record, that while the verbage of this post totally makes it seem as though I was just sitting around waiting for Ms. Fleet Feet to run around for a while, in actuality I ALSO had just finished running, and was waiting for Princess Nebraska to catch up with me. That's all...

Sun Runner said...

I have a line on a fine "I Love Jesus" T-shirt and I am trying to get it passed along to me. I will wash it and wear it without even a hint of sarcasm. Not even a smidgen.

Tricia said...

hahahahaahahahahahaha that is awesome. (the comeback i mean)

cranky said...

Umm....I'm not sure it's a stupid question actually! She probably thought that as you had a baby with a biblical name, you loved Jesus and all things God-like...

But if this isn't the case, I would look the next Jesus lover in the face and say "No."

:P