Wednesday, March 01, 2006

A New Groove

I was all set to post something about how I have a big ass in a small ass world and how depressing that is and blah blah blah hating myself ville. Because honestly I know I’m not fat, but I also know that I’m not exactly toned and I certainly don’t have that stick bony look that you get when you get skinny and not just thinner, that bony look that I would love to get even though I know it’s unhealthy and not for me. BUT it’s a beautiful day out and I went for a little walk to the library and as I was walking I caught a glimpse of my reflection and I thought “damn, look at those legs!” and all of a sudden I just love my calf muscles. So I thought I’d try to focus on that, at least for today.

It’s so rare that I actually like anything about how I look that I’m going to try to use that feeling as practice. I need to wear a new groove in my brain – a love yourself groove, instead of a criticize and improve yourself groove.

No comments: