Friday, March 10, 2006

all her power is in her beard

Everyone always thinks THEIR dog is the coolest, cutest, smartest, funniest and most wonderfullest. Which is of course how it should be. So whatever, I’m not going to get into that here and tell you how my dog has a beard (she does) and how strangers stop us and tell us how cute she is even though she isn't even a puppy anymore (true) and how her ears are soft like petals (they are) and how when she was eight weeks old she climbed onto a rottweilers head (he didn’t mind, but seemed surprised) and how she is the most energetic and friendly dog in the world (true) and how she can jump over six feet high (true) and how even though this IS a small town it is pretty cool that people talk about her and know her and recognize her just for her bounce (also true) and that she loves to play more than any other dog I’ve ever seen (also true). Instead, I’ll just say this:

Last night Belle tried to get the ROOMBA to play with her. Yes, the ROOMBA. She taunted it with her chew bone, dropping it in front of the Roomba, and then snatching it back up when it came close, and then shaking it in Roomba’s face. It was one of the most hilarious things I’ve ever seen. Words cannot describe how hard I laughed when I realized my dog was trying to get a robotic vacuum cleaner to chase her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hannah tried to get the fireplace poker to play with her by shoving it with her nose so it swings from side to side. Then she crouches down and barks at it. Sometimes she's not so bright.