Monday, January 09, 2006

It's too late to turn back now

I just bought my ticket to San Francisco for the half marathon weekend. I need to send in my registration, since it's due by the 19th, but even so, I have to go through with it now! I've never backed out of race before, and I don't REALLY want to now, but for some reason the finality of actually having a plane ticket is making me really nervous and stressed out.

The half is less than a month away, and my long runs are getting LONG (9 miles last weekend which SUCKED, every one of them), and I am getting NERVOUS. I actually started repeating "I think I can, I think I can" over and over again this weekend while I was running.

And also? Nine miles, people. I ran NINE MILES!!!! I have to turn it over and over in my mind to believe that it really happened, that I really did it. I RAN NINE MILES. Will wonders never cease?

I am trying to think positive. I know I can do it. And I will be running with my best friend of eighteen years and thinking about us crossing the finish line together puts a smile on my face every time :)

No comments: