Friday, December 23, 2005

Make A Plan

Today's weigh in was 120. I'm gonna talk more later about what this means, because it is a huge deal for me, but for right now, I'm gonna focus on damage control. Because this is normally the time I would give up for awhile, slack off, before making the big push for another five pounds, and I just can't afford that right now. And plus I feel like I'm on some kind of a roll, despite the holidays and all the traveling we're about to do, and I have to take advantage of my crazy willpower when I can, because you never know when it will get away from me. And also not only do I not want to gain back any weight, I'd like to be at 115 by February 14th. That's the day I started all this craziness, two years ago.
For me, the best thing to do in these circumstances is to make a plan, and to try to stick to it as best I can.

So my plan is:
1. no gas station treats except water and sugarless gum. If I get desperate for gas station treats (I really love gas station treats!), I can have baked chips or mentos, but really, I don't need this stuff, I have a crapload of healthy stuff all packed up and ready to go. (I get VERY hungry while traveling, and very bored, and for years I thought of traveling as free time, when I could eat all the junk in the world and it didn't count. So eating healthy while traveling is really really really really really hard for me.)

2. If I get hungry, eat FRUIT.

3. For dinner, I'm going to have stuff I brought plus I can have whatever grilled chicken sandwich is on offering, or a double cheeseburger without the bun. Either option will be gross. But that's ok. I need to get beyond my idea of McDonald's as a "free exception because it's inevitable and delicious so I get a pass here" and more like "This isn't going to be good, this isn't a treat, I'm going to get the least bad for me thing and eat it so I'm not hungry but I'll have a real treat later". I was so deprived of McDonald's as a kid that this is really hard for me.

4. And I'm gonna go back on the wagon and say "no treats". If I start allowing treats as a possibility, then all of sudden I'll let myself eat ANYTHING and all of sudden treats are just a matter of course and then I'm just walking by the table throwing cookies in my mouth without even realizing it and I need to more conscious of my choices than that. So NO TREATS. Unless I get a bad chocolate craving, then there are contingencies in places for that. :) Sometimes being at my mom's just makes me want to eat chocolate and sometimes you just have to. (The contingency plan is that I am allowed to drink booze if I really need it, but only whiskey, since I don't like it that much and can't drink that much but it really relaxes me, dark chocolate, but only one per day, and I am allowed to have oyster stew on Christmas Eve which I don't even think is that bad for you and it's a family tradition so I'm just not gonna be able to get out of that one.)

No comments: