Thursday, October 13, 2005

It's all fitting together like pieces in a puzzle

I honestly don't know how I thought I would get to goal and lose ten more pounds when I haven't been tracking points at night AT ALL. It's not so much what you eat at night, but more that everything throughout the day has to tie together and balance each other out. You have to know what you are going to eat for dinner when you decide what you eat for lunch. Why it took me two years to figure this out I'm not sure, but I feel like this is going to be my answer to losing the last bit of weight. Instead of feeling guilty because I stopped counting points at five, I will figure everything out for the whole first thing in the morning, and then just eat that stuff. If I do it right there's a lot of flexibility, but less random surprises. I always know what I'm having for dinner anyway, since I plan that out a week at a time, so there's no reason this can't work.
It's just...mindboggling, the difference between saying "I'm getting back on track, I'm not eating crap" and actually DOING something to get back on track. And yet, I don't know that I could have come to this moment any other way. I just had to figure it out on my own. That drives me nuts. What else am I completely missing out there because I'm too dense to get it?

No comments: