Sunday, August 21, 2005

5 Miles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This morning I got up at 7:30, sucked down a Power bar, and went on my five mile run. I really really really did not want to do it, and in fact I was a little nervous that I COULDN'T do it. But I did it anyway, and even though parts of it really sucked, I am so so so proud of myself. I can't help thinking about that first day I started running two years ago and how hard it was and how I was convinced that I just couldn't do it. I wasn't the sort of person who COULD run and so I'd have to just do Pilates or something.
Well, it took two years, and endless quantities of bitching, and moaning, and planning, and working, and begging runinng shoes off richer members of my family, and figuring out what to eat and when to run and where to go and two Pilates tapes later, here I am. I am a RUNNER. WOO HOO!

In other news, when I was done with my run, I came home and baked this for Mr. E:

No comments: