Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Picking Up Socks

You know how when you were a kid and your brother never did any of his dishes and so you did them for him every single time? Or when you were in college and your roommate left her rabbit in her room and you ended up cleaning up the rabbit poop that was all over the hallway of your apartment? Or how when you first moved in with your now husband and he left his socks on the bedroom floor and you picked them up for him every fucking morning? And you know how every time you did the dishes and picked up the poop or washed the socks it pissed you off immensely, but not as much as the fact that every time you complained to each of these totally irresponsible people their answer to the situation was always "Well, don't do my dishes, then" or "Don't pick up my socks, if it makes you so mad."

I wish, with every fiber of my being, that I was that person. I so wish I was the person who could step over dirty socks every morning of my life, ignore them forever, and leave them there until they crumbled into non existence, eons from now.

I am so so so so so so not that person.

2 comments:

Tricia said...

I'm not that person either. I had a roommate who had about 150 pairs of the exact same kind of underpants--sweatpant grey BVD boxer briefs. He piled them up behind the bathroom door one a day, every day, until you couldn't push the door open all the way. Let me tell you. This, did not a happy Tricia make.

Chris H said...

Oh WOW, for some reason I just caught up on all your news!!! VERY BELATED CONGRATULATION! I loved the birth story, so so much like a few of mine! Heee heee, same attitude mate! Your wee man is just adorable! The legwarmers are ..... cute.