Monday, May 15, 2006

Princess Nebraska No More

Don’t get me wrong. I’ll always be a princess.

But we are finally, finally, finally, finally moving to California.

This day has been so long in the making, I’m not sure I really believe it yet. Kind of like when we first moved here, most of the time I didn’t even think about it, but I would have these random moments around town where I would think “Holy crap. I live in NEBRASKA.” Now in line in Target it just hits me and I think, to myself: ‘California.” And the other day I was shopping for shorts and I realized that instead of feeling like I need to spend 45 minutes in American Eagle to soak up some fake California vibe, soon I’ll just be there, soaking up the real thing.

Every day I get more and excited. There’s just so much I’m looking forward to. Ready and cheap access to fruit and vegetables, cheap and quick flights to Hawaii, a three hour drive from my best friend, the San Jose Rock and Rock Half Marathon in October. Sunny days.

Mostly, I just can’t believe that I’m finally going to be right where I feel right.

I’ve also been eating like there’s not a fat girl trapped inside me just waiting to get out and I am here to tell you that ends today. I gave away my Perkins banana nut muffin and I gave away the batch of oversized chocolate chunk muffins I made and I’m drinking tea and eating yogurt and I intend to leave this town on a high note, lighter than when I arrived.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You forgot the best part: mountains! I'm so jealous.