Thursday, August 24, 2006

Here's A Weird Thought

As soon as I got pregnant even the THOUGHT of chicken was too much for me to bear. My friends had to refer to it as pollo when we talked about going out or what to order at restaurants. I could no more have eaten a chicken breast or a rotisserie chicken or a grilled chicken sandwich than I could have eaten worms. But then I noticed that certain things with chicken in them were sneaking into my diet, things like canned chicken noodle soup or one of those southwestern lean cuisine paninis. Not that it's that fascinating what I eat and all, and believe me when I say that what you can eat when you are struck with debilitating morning sickness and are nine weeks pregnant hardly constitutes the cornerstones of a balanced diet, but I can't help think that maybe some of our over processed food that we eat is so far removed from what it actually is that even my pregnancy nausea detector has been fooled. I mean, really, what my body is sort of telling me is that those foods, those AREN'T REALLY EVEN CHICKEN. Gross.

Kind of makes you think.

No comments: