Friday, March 11, 2005

Everyone Needs A Goal

Right now, for those of you who don't know this, I am working very very very hard on losing 20 or 25 pounds. Over the past year and a half I lost 25 pounds and so this is the second half of what I want to lose to be at my goal weight of between 120-125 pounds. For my height this isn't crazy skinny or anything, but if I feel like I am losing too much I'll stop before then. However so far this hasn't been any sort of a problem as the last 25 pounds are refusing to budge. And I have to tell you it's really discouraging and incredibly frustrating to work so hard to lose and regain the same two pounds for months at a time. At this point I feel like I'm flying blind. All I can do is try harder. So starting RIGHT NOW I am going to renew my efforts. If the next three weeks don't bring some kind of loss, I'm going to have to do something else, as I think I'll be able to officially say that Plan A is not working. Until then, it's balls to the wall. So here are my rules/goals/official guidelines for the next three weeks.

1. NO FLEX POINTS
There is much debate about this in the WW community. But so far, I've been eating most of these, and I haven't been losing weight. Perhaps this is an extra 1500 calories I can't afford to eat and still lose weight. I wouldn't be surprised.
2. COUNT EVERY POINT
This means weighing everything, and basically no guessing at restaurant food or what 3 ounces of chicken is.
3. NO JUNK IN THE HOUSE
If I buy 2 pt mini snickers ice cream bars, I will eat them. If I buy a bag of baked cheetos, I will eat them. The whole bag. If I don't have them in the house, I can't eat them. I just simply do not have the will power to not do so. So basically, if it's not something I can afford to eat all of, I shouldn't bring it in the house.
4. NO EATING AFTER 8 PM.
This just seems like a good idea, and Oprah does it, and it will encourage me to work on my bad habit of not eating enough during the day in order to save up for eating too much later on.
5. WORK OUT SIX DAYS A WEEK
This can be anything, from running, to doing any kind of taped aerobics, to playing tennis, but I have to do it. This is my key, I believe, and it always makes me feel better, and it is changing my body, for the better, even if it's not making me lose weight.
6. MOON TIME
Plan ahead for my period. I have to stop using the excuse that I have to eat whatever I need to eat during this three or four day event. So I need some filling cereal, bars, and shakes or something I can take pills with, and I need to go back to the doctor for my pain meds.
7. VEGGIES
Keep a bin in the fridge with water and cut up veggies at all times. I need to get back to relying on fruit and veggies as my only snacks. This makes me want to snack less, and it reduces my reliance on "diet foods" that aren't actually helping anything, like reduced fat triscuits.
8. SOUP AND SALAD
I need to concentrate on having soup and salad at least four days a week. I have been really bad at both of these. These two things alone added into my food routine could make a big difference if they can become something I automatically go to instead of pasta or a bowl of cereal.

That's it, those are my goals. Wish me luck! Will report progress in three weeks.

No comments: